Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quote for the Day! And it's a partial 'Blue Sky Day'!

“Into each day, put in about one teaspoonful of good spirits, a dash of fun, a pinch of folly, a sprinkling of play, and a heaping cupful of good humor! ”

What great advice, and so close to how I try to live my life each day anyway!  I have often said that I will never lose my sense of humor about all this.  If I do- I'm done!  It would be a spiral downward that would be difficult to return from I think.  All the crazy medical 'side shows' that I've endured the past 2 years- I really have had to keep my sense of humor and because I have, I can laugh at the absurdity of the medical mishaps that happened and be ready to face the next one with the same anticipation one has when they are waiting for the next perfect joke to emit from a comic's mouth so they can laugh.  And laughter really is at times the best medicine.  I don't always belly laugh- in fact its not the first reaction that I have actually which I think confuses and bothers Ajay (my husband).  But the way my mind is splattered in a hundred directions thanks to the Lyme (think 50 random thoughts going through your mind almost at once while you are trying to focus on just one!) it makes it a little hard to respond with a jolly old belly laugh- but I enjoy them when they do occur.  But I often have an internal laugh that I guess only I can hear and enjoy.  I don't do it on purpose of course- it's just another casualty of the damage and effect that Lyme disease has had on my brain.  Some days, like today, I am able to think pretty clearly/coherently to even write a blog like this.  But I can still easily forget what I wrote just 2 minutes ago, and tend to ramble on aimlessly- like a lost puppy!

Anyway, back to inspirational thoughts for the day, I have one more to share.  This comes from my daily inspirational thoughts book, and this one emulates how I feel about my situation and ALL our lives as a whole!


     I have discovered that a joyful countenance has nothing to do with ones' age or one's occupation (or lack of it) or one's geography or education or marital status or good looks or circumstances.  JOY IS A CHOICE.  It is a matter of ATTITUDE that stems from one's confidence in GOD- that HE is at work, that HE is in full control, that HE is in the midst of whatever has happened, is happening, and will happen.  


I agree and admit that this is what helps to get me through each day- whether it is a blue sky day, a partial blue sky day, or a RED TOXIC day!  I have full confidence and FAITH that God- or really the Holy Trinity as a whole- is in control and with me as I go through this cross I bear.  I don't know why- but trust there is a reason.  But having FAITH and not questioning 'why me?' is so freeing spiritually.  Its really hard to describe.  But its an inner peace, despite the ravages and pain my body endures, that I have and wish that everyone could experience.  And I do believe you can, if you BELIEVE, if you have FAITH and TRUST in the Trinity.   

What is the meaning of life?   A question that some spend their entire lives trying to answer and live in anger, angst and depression if they haven't yet found the answer that was right in front of them all along.    WE ARE SPIRITUAL PEOPLE.  And when we find that the true meaning of life is to love God with all our hearts and to love one another as we love ourselves- life will suddenly have real meaning and purpose.  It is after we discover this and believe it in our hearts that we can then find meaning and happiness in other beautiful parts of life like marriage, service to others, having a job that provides for your family and has a sense of purpose, having FUN, spending time with family and friends.....these things are all parts of living a wonderful life.  But first you must START with the MEANING of life- and then the rest flows out from there.  We are human, we don't always get it right.  Lord knows I make mistakes- daily.  But that doesn't mean we stop trying!  And I have found by living it that I get the most reward and happiness when I am serving others.  It can be as simple as sending someone flowers to brighten their day or taking them to a 'girls day' where they indulge in some relaxation and rejuvenation which we ALL need at some point OR to give charitably- whether its with your time, talent or treasure.  And sometimes, you have to give until it hurts- and then give a little more.  And you will find that it always comes back to you.  Don't give generously anticipating that windfall in return- that misses the point.  But trust that as you are generous with your time, talent and treasure- it will be returned to you in SOME WAY- and those are graces from God. 

Wouldn't it be great if we all found the Meaning of Life and discovered the power of believing in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the works they do in our lives everyday- if we open our hearts to them. 

Maybe try it for a day-see how you like it.  But be prepared to become a BELIEVER.  Prepare for your life to change- but only for the better!  



Thanks for taking the time to read my Blog today.  I feel I was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write it.  So I trust that there is a reason- and I have faith that those who need to hear it- will. 

And beyond that, I hope to document my journey for myself as well as my children so that this experience strengthens their faith and makes them stronger, compassionate people as they grow.  Yes this is a trying time for my family- but we see the blessings more than the challenges.  And we NEVER lose our sense of humor!!!!



Love and blessings!

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment