Friday, May 6, 2011

Another Day....another seizure....but it sure is a BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Well it sure is a beautiful day!  A hint of Spring in the air- just enough warmth for me to wear a wrap, not a jacket, and to soak in the sun a bit on the way to another doctors appt. 

And yesterday was wonderful as my dear college buddy Dorri Gowe-Lambert drove all the way up from the Eastern Shore with new baby Landon to visit with me!  It was a great day- but not nearly enough time to catch up on EVERYTHING that has happened since we saw each other last.  So it was quite a surprise that I would end the evening with a seizure out of nowhere.  Certainly not stress induced- so I'm guessing its my body 'herxing' which is a reaction to the treatment- the spirochetes fighting back by release endotoxins that usually result in increased symptoms and discomfort- and its different for everyone.  So its a good/bad thing really.  And since I was having seizures BEFORE I started treatment, it makes sense that I would have them DURING treatment. 


Then Wed my treatment was going great and Susan Moore and Beth Hess (my nurse maids!) were about to leave when a seizure came on pretty suddenly.  I'd rate it at about a med/bad seizure.  So again, herxing or in reaction to the medication?  Not sure but I am NOT enjoying them- I can tell you that for sure!  But I just keep praying, and it does seem to help me to come out of them (when I can focus enough to remember how to pray!) and to recover quickly- at least that's what I choose to believe!

Last night I just got drowsy from the treatment, but no seizures- so there's no pattern/consistency for sure!

Today (Thursday) I start taking Flagyll again which essentially pops the biofilm that the spirochetes create to protect them in cell clusters.  The medications are hopefully penetrating the biofilm (why they use the meds they do) and killing them off, but then the flagyll pops the biofilm itself and then the neutraceuticals and the lactate ringers all work to flush them out of my system (the lactate ringers more than anything because its a saline flush).  I also added the Artemisinin to the nasty MEPRON (seriously- imagine THICK, neon yellow PAINT- and then imagine drinking it with peanut butter!)  YUCK FACE BIG TIME!  But both of those are working to fight the Babesia infection I have. 

This blog was from about a month ago- and so I can't really finish it, but I am publishing it for my own documentation purposes as well as for those that really want to follow my journey in fighting this terrible disease- in hopes that they are inspired AND learn something.  If just one person's spirituality is boosted from my words- then i have done my job for the day to spread the word and the graces of God.  The Holy Spirit is with me in this journey, I get validation of that all the time.  But this experience is NOT exclusive to me- you can have the blessings of the holy trinity in your life too.  Just ask and you shall receive.....

Blessings and thanks to everyone for the continued prayers and love I get from everyone every day!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment